“The Power Up Training System is based on my 30+ years of education and experience as an endurance coach. It has produced champions at every level of the sports of cycling and triathlon.” Jim Schneider – Head Coach
The Power Up Training System recognizes that coaching is both science and art. Every athlete responds to training differently. There is no magic formula. Each and every athlete is an individual and must be trained as one. The keys to success are 1) communication between the athlete and the coach, and 2) how the coach adjusts the training based on how the athlete is responding.
All our coaches are certified in the Power Up Training System and are dedicated to helping you achieve your personal performance and fitness goals by designing a program specifically tailored to your fitness, experience and schedule.Learn More
Power Up Training Center
“At Power Up Training Center, you get the best of both worlds, an individualized workout in a group setting where your training partners are REAL people.”
Power Up Training Center is St. Louis’ premier indoor cycling training facility where athletes of all abilities are welcome. From beginners getting ready for their first organized cycling event to seasoned veterans preparing for their 10th Ironman, Power Up’s professional coaching staff can help you reach your cycling and fitness goals.
What makes Power Up Training Center different than other indoor cycling training facilities? Unlike other indoor cycling classes where all participants are doing the same workout on the same course, in Power Up classes, everyone is riding their bike and doing their own personalized workout on a course specifically selected for them. This is NOT ‘One size fits all’ training.See Our Services
In addition to indoor cycling classes, Power Up Training Center offers a wide variety of programs to help cyclists and endurance athletes achieve their goals and take their performance to the next level. These programs include:
- Performance Camps. These are 6-week training programs designed to work on specific aspects of cycling fitness or to get athletes ready for specific events.
- Clinics. These are 1 – 3-day sessions (both outdoor and indoor) designed to teach specific cycling skills (e.g., climbing, cornering) and/or teach important endurance sport related topics (e.g., nutrition, race strategy).
- Lactate Threshold Testing. This testing provides valuable information with regard to setting training zones and determining an athlete’s aerobic and anaerobic capacities.
- Professional Bike Fits. Power Up’s fitting process includes a dynamic analysis of your position, form and pedaling style on your bike. The goal of our fits is to optimize the cyclist’s comfort and performance on their bike.
- Coaching Consultation. Power Up offers coaching consultation services to address all types of cycling and multi-sport related questions.
- Private Group training. Power Up offers private group training sessions either as a one-time event or as an on-going series of classes.
- Endurance sessions. These sessions are 3 hours in length and are held on Sundays during our fall / winter season. They can also be scheduled as a private group training session on a race course of your choosing.
- Nutrition Counseling. Evidence-based Nutrition Counseling with Cindi Inman, MS, RD, LD.
- Mental Performance Consultation. For optimal performance, one needs to be prepared mentally as well as physically. Mental Performance Consultations are available with Dr. Chris Curran, EdD.