Power Up Cycling, Big Shark Bicycle Company, and Urban Chestnut Brewing Company are hosting a 7 week racing series this January and February. Athletes will have an opportunity to race LIVE at Urban Chestnut Brewing Company’s Grove location or REMOTELY from home on a Smart Trainer over the magic of the internet.
Dates: Wednesday Evenings, January 8th through February 19th, 2020
- Registration: You can preregister online Here. The events are free, but you must register on BikeReg. Athletes must register no later than a day prior to their event. The field limit is 8 riders live, 12 remote per race.
- LIVE Participants will be eligible for prizes. Top 3 per category, per race. There will be only 8 Smart Trainers available at Urban Chestnut Brewing Company per each hour of racing. You register and select LIVE racing to reserve a spot and to be eligible for prizes. In the event that you cannot make your race, please let us know 24 hours in advance so we can pull athletes off of the wait list.
- Requirements: All participants must have a Zwift account. For the Series Races athletes will be responsible for their own trainer calibration and the accuracy of their input data. For the final, athletes will be weighed prior to competition and all trainers (provided) will be calibrated by Power Up Cycling staff.
- How it Works:
- Races will be an average of 20K. Courses will vary each week.
- Registered riders will be invited to a Zwift Meet-Up prior to each evening’s race.
- Participants will not be able to use Tron or TT bikes, or use Power Up’s during the races.
- LIVE participants must be on site 30 minutes prior to their race for set-up and warm-up. Power Up Cycling staff will be on hand to load in and help calibrate your bicycle on Wahoo Kickr Snap Smart Trainers (provided).
- Athletes competing in the Wednesday evening races (either remotely or live) will be awarded points based on their category placing (13, 11, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) towards qualifying for the State Championship.
- Fans and friends are encouraged to come to Urban Chestnut Brewing Company to enjoy the racing.
- Schedule: There will be three racing times and each will have combined fields. Results will be sorted based on category entered.
- 5:00 PM- Junior Boy and Junior Girl
- 6:00 PM- Open Men and Men Masters 45+
- 7:00 PM- Open Women and Women Masters 45+
- Esports Series Final: The Top 8 athletes per category will be invited to the LIVE Missouri Esports Series Final to be held the weekend of 2/22 and 2/23. This will be by invitation only. Entry will be rolled down to the next highest ranked participant in the series. Cost is free, invitation only.
- Prize list:
- $150/3 places for Open Categories.
- $100/3 places for Masters Categories.
- Gift Certificates/3 places for Junior Categories.
- Prize list:
- Free Practice Races: Power Up Cycling will hold live practice races for athletes not familiar with Zwift racing or who would just like to get in a little practice prior to the start of the Series. These races will be held at Power Up Training Center (17233 Chesterfield Airport Road, Chesterfield, MO 63005 (inside Big Shark West) on Wednesday 12/11, and Wednesday 12/18. The race times will be the same as noted in the the schedule above. To register for these FREE races go to the “events” page and choose the date and time for the appropriate session.
Questions: Contact Mike Ludwig @ Power Up Cycling